Rider - Mark

My main objective is to get to Kelowna :-).  I hadn't been on a bike in about 10 years up until 3 months ago. When this idea was first discussed I said I would do it because I want to do everything, but I really did not think it would actually happen. Once I realised this was actually going to happen, I realised I needed to go out and buy a bike.

My first couple of rides made me think there was no way I would be able to accomplish this, but after a few months of training I have started to feel confident about this and I am looking forward to testing my mental and physical endurance on this trip.

There are two things that have kept me committed to training and doing this ride. One is the charity we are doing this for. Everyday of my life I look around and am so grateful for what I have and the things I get to do and the least I can do to show my gratitude is be a part of something like this and help others that aren't as fortunate as I am. The second thing is the experience. When I am old and relaxing on my rocking chair looking back on my life, I want to be satisfied knowing I left no rock unturned and experienced as much as I could.  My motto: Judge your success in life by the sacrifices you made to achieve your goals.
No nickname yet :-)