Mark's Update

I have spent the last week off the bike, trying to give my legs some much needed rest before the ride and giving myself the opportunity to enjoy some of the other sports I enjoy playing in the summer like tennis and golf. At this point, I just want to get going. I did a small ride last night to keep my legs fresh and I felt good. I know it's going to be extremely hard and I just need to pace myself and take it easy the whole way through.


Calling me a rookie when it comes to doing a ride like this is an understatement. If it weren't for Carl and the others I would be lost out there. I don't even know how to change a tire on my bike!!! The only thing I do know how to do on my bike is ride it, so hopefully that will be enough.

Although most people I talk to think I'm crazy for doing this, the support we have gotten has been amazing and I want to thank everyone for their generosity and support. Only a few more days now!